What is the longest you have gone without bathing?

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The bathtub fruit

It is only fair that a fruit this delicious is only available for a few short months each year. To be allowed to indulge in such sinful pleasures throughout the year is asking for too much. Even as a city slicker, I remember summer vacations spent scouting lanes for the biggest, most laden trees & trying everything from sticks, rocks & lighter friends to get at the raw fruit tempting us from the distance. The ecstasy of watching dada bring the first batch of glorious golden Alphonsoes into the house & stripping down to the undies to eat (and of course let drip) the juicy pulp. To hell with the heat sores & cavities, it was a bitter fight down to the very last faar and the one who won had to bathe after dinner. To top it off there were grannys stories about how it was the King of all fruit and how no other fruit would dare offend it by being available in the same season (except the beggar banana of course but we'll save that for another day).

The monarchy of the mango may be diluted by apple imports & better growing patterns but the first illustration that comes to mind every season with the first batch is that of an Englishman in a bath tub, eating (such a crude word), relishing the fruit. I can't remember if it was Tinkle or Champak that first published that picture & Google images keeps asking me if "i mean" something else, but its nonetheless engraved in my memory. The Frooti ad that carries the line "mango socha.. pittey" attempts to capture some of the magic but as any self respecting fattie will tell you, theres nothing like the real thing. I know of a few that completely detest mangoes for reasons beyond my realm of understanding and I'm only too happy cuz theres just more of them for me.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to..

muttu kodi buffadi hada
lahiri ... Bhupee lahiri
Bhoops scoop
Bhuppity (for the one who just HAD to be on the list :P)

a.k.a. (though nobody calls him that, Bhupesh Rajkumar Bansal)

we luv u bhoo

Friday, April 11, 2008

27% of this is just sad

  • 27% of our intellectual properties have been deemed out of bounds
  • 27% of all that was meritocratic has now been made unattainable
  • 27% of what was ours has now been made theirs

  • will that 27% ever wake up and say, let us fight our own battles and truly feel 'equal'?
  • will that 27% demand the same treatment when it steps out into the global marketplace?
  • will that 27% cast their votes to the hand that feeds them?

on the other hand

  • they do recognize that a person becomes 'educationally forward' once he or she passes out from a university and cannot claim the same benefit
  • they do recognize that there are those who are privileged among the backward and hence the creamy layer cannot claim the same benefit
  • Justice Bhandari says "Reservation is an unreasonable restriction that infringes this right by destroying the autonomy and essence of an unaided institution" and hence those entering unaided institutes cannot claim the same benefit
  • increasing the seats at the IITs to accommodate the additional students essentially leaves regular students competing for the same number of seats

like I said, 27% of this is sad ... the other 73% actually makes sense ... both for the ones directly impacted and of course for the ones that will reap the maximum benefits of this judgment in the coming election year.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Saturday night

Friday, April 4, 2008

romance simplified

Thursday, April 3, 2008

cant get enuf of

  • deepi (+yuvi, -yuvi, x ranbir.. dont give a phuk)
  • "aye hip hopper.."
  • google (if only they wud have bought facebook, my life wud have been simpler)
  • bunking gym.. yus
  • working non-stop.. yus
  • lazing non-stop.. yus
  • saying "yus"
  • wake up calls
  • midnight coffee runs (where i drink tea)
  • english tea with khari and toast-with-rasins (khari in the afternoon.. not at midnight.. weirdo)
  • how can i 4get.. my boxer shorts :D .. yus, i indulge in self-branding

Status quo

3rd April 2008
18:16 PM IST (yes, we are in a half-hour timezone.. ytf is that funny?)

  • free movement of goods and services
  • no-bathing-before-sunset week
  • precursor to no-bathing week (eww would be appropriate here)
  • the beginning of the end of the beginning as far as work is concerned
  • reading random blogs inspired me to create one.. again
  • show-me-the-money month
  • precursor to show-me-more-money year
  • craving new company
  • craving certain old company (aww would be appropriate here)
  • craving the beach
  • put the two together already
  • retractile foreskin (felt like something completely inappropriate and totally random)
  • "..pakeezah se rishte.." .. so they say
  • "..volcanoes melt you down.." .. they so do
feel free to consider yourself intellectually challenged if the title does not make sense even after the first short in the list :P